What is CCW Insurance?
What is Concealed Carry Weapons Insurance? You need to know what it is and what it covers.
CCW insurance, also known as Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) insurance, is a type of insurance coverage specifically designed for individuals who possess a concealed carry permit or license, allowing them to legally carry a concealed firearm or other self-defense weapons. This insurance is intended to provide financial protection in the event that the policyholder uses their concealed weapon in self-defense and faces legal and financial consequences as a result. Here's how CCW insurance typically works:
1. Policy Purchase: Individuals interested in CCW insurance can purchase a policy from an insurance provider that specializes in this type of coverage. These policies are usually offered by companies that have expertise in firearms-related legal matters.
2. Coverage Details: CCW insurance policies vary in terms of coverage, so it's essential to carefully review the policy documents to understand what is included. Common coverage elements may include:
- Legal Defense Coverage: This is the core component of CCW insurance. It provides funds for legal representation in the event of a self-defense incident. Coverage typically includes attorney fees, court costs, and related legal expenses.
- Civil Liability Coverage: We are not insurance therefore, we do not offer coverage for civil liability.
- Bail Bond Coverage: In some cases, CCW insurance may cover the cost of bail bonds, allowing you to secure your release from jail while awaiting trial.
- Coverage Limits: Some CCW insurance policies have limits on the amount the insurance company will pay for legal defense and other associated costs. We do not have coverage limits -- we offer unlimited civil/criminal legal defense.
- Self-Defense Training and Education: Some insurers provide access to self-defense training and educational resources to help policyholders make informed decisions during high-stress situations.
- No Duty to Retreat: Certain policies may provide coverage even in cases where you do not have a legal duty to retreat from a threat (often referred to as "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine" situations).
3. Reporting an Incident: If you are involved in a self-defense incident where you use your concealed weapon, you should promptly contact your insurance provider to report the incident. The insurance company will guide you through the process and may assist in selecting legal representation.
4. Legal Defense: We have a 24/7 attorney answered hotline to answer emergency calls because we want to establish attorney client privilege asap. If a call goes to an insurance company those calls can be subpoenaed and used against you later in court!
5. Policy Costs: CCW insurance premiums vary based on factors such as the policyholder's location, coverage limits, and the insurance provider. Costs can range from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars annually.
Looking for self-defense protection?
Right To Bear offers Elite protection along with many other great benefits. Our plans offer more than just legal reimbursement to secure your peace of mind.